Tuesday, March 8, 2011

UM, DID ANYONE ELSE JUST SEE THAT?!?!

I have no doubt that surf and social media is going bonkers right now after the fine display of surfing at the Roxy Pro at Snapper Rocks today.   Here’s my addition to the blogosphere for www.surfgirlmag.com ...

WOW, what an unbelievable couple of hours of surfing that was to watch.  I have never ever EVER seen female surfing performed as powerfully, stylishly and athletically as I did today. Tyler Wright, Sally Fitzgibbons, Coco Ho, Silvana Lima, Laura Enever and Carissa Moore put on some show.  It was jaw-dropping, mind blowing, edge-of-your-seat stuff watching them trading 8’s and 9’s all the way through the quarters, semis and final.  I even think the men were truly inspired by it.  The Quiksilver Pro Round 5 heats which ran straight after the Roxy Pro wrapped up, were a ridiculous frenzy of crazy high scoring affairs!

I logged on to the live webcast in a computer lab at the University of Sydney this morning to catch ‘a quick bit of the quarter finals’.  Let’s just say the assignment that I was supposed to get done did not get touched, and the lectures that I was supposed to attend as the day progressed were missed!  It was impossible to tear myself away! History was being made!  That had to be the best display of competitive female surfing of all time.  The level in women’s surfing is about to jump off the Richter scale, with all these new rookies on Tour pushing the other talented girls to the max.  I was absolutely blown away by watching that today, and I am so excited to see where it goes next!

Next time I’m watching in a computer lab at Uni though, I will watch in a quiet corner somewhere.  Today I got so into it that I forgot where I was and let out a bit of a hoot at one of Sally Fitz’s waves.... got some strange looks from a couple of nerds haha!

Inspirational surfing went down today.  Jaysus, I can’t wait to hit the waves myself tomorrow and try my best to turn my lame little wiggles into some decent turns!  WHOOOOOOOP!!!!

 (The author would like to sincerely apologise for the over-use of exclamation marks in this blog, but would suggest that the awe-factor sustained by today’s events justifies it)


You can watch video highlights of all the surfing at www.roxypro.com.au if you were unfortunate enough to miss it hehe!  Warning: prepare to be amazed...

No comments:

Post a Comment